Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Limestone Fountain and Algae

Posted by cfonline2010 (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 8, 14 at 19:02

Hello, not sure if this is the right forum but I thought I would start here.

We have had this lovely French limestone fountain for almost a year and have not been able to enjoy it more than a few days at a time. Algae takes over in two days. I cannot use any chlorine/vinegar as it will damage the waterproofing. So the recommendation was to use a natural product. We used aquascape, barley extract.... FIVE times the recommended dose...Every third day, we have to drain out all water (an arduous process in an of itself), scrub, and start all over. Repeat, often.

Any ideas or suggestions so that we can relax and enjoy the darn thing?

The other recommendations are Biocuda, American Natural Products Co-Green Clean and Fountec. Anyone use these with success???

BTW, the clear one was taken July 2nd and I will post the July 6th one in the next thread. The one from today is just green slime. :/

TIA,
cfonline

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Limestone Fountain and Algae

This isn't meant to blow this question off, but demon algae is just the sort of topic they'd be able to get their teeth into over on the ponds forum. You have drains in the fountain so that implies that you can treat the water externally, and that's right up their alley.

Here is a link that might be useful: gardenweb.com/forums/ponds

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here