Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Diamond Brite vs PebbleFina vs 3M ColorQuartz for Re-surface

Posted by sjdowlin (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 8, 08 at 12:57

I'm getting bids to resurface my 20+ year old pool and am having a tough time selecting a finish. It's a dated 80's pool/spa combo with tan safety brick coping. I'm hoping to go from "dated" to "classic". I'm planning to swithch the coping out to a used brick bullnose and I'd like to upgrade from standard plaster while retaining the light color.(not necessarily white but, the pool is in the hot sun all day dark pools in my neighborhood get really warm)

My kids and their tender feet don't like our neighbors' pebble tec/river rok/gemstone pools. So, I'm honing in on DiamondBrite, 3M Colorquartz and PebbleFina. Honestly though, I'm not clear on the difference. It all sounds like marketing fluff... maybe it is.

Can someone help me compare/contrast these materials? In particular, abrasiveness, durability, colorfastness, etc. I'm also curious how it stacks up agains plain old plaster.

Follow-Up Postings:

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here