Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Waterfall - Is this six tons?

Posted by springpool (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 13, 06 at 8:27

I'm in the process of having a pool installed and the crew just finished the rock waterfall. The waterfall was not built to specs but our builder claims he has already used the six tons we purchased. The tallest point on the waterfall was suppose to be about 3'6" but is actually 26". Can anyone tell me if this is six tons of rock? I have seen several and it doesn't appear to me that it is, but I may be wrong. I know it's difficult to estimate from a picture, but just as a reference the spa is raised 12". the highest point is 26", and the total lenght is ~9 to 10'. It's moss rock. Thanks.

Image link: Waterfall - Is this six tons? (34 k)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Waterfall - Is this six tons?

If he purchased 6 tons and you utilized 85 to 90 percent of them it's a 6 ton waterfall.
IMO, it looks a little shy of 6 tons.

See Ya,
Kelly

o
RE: Waterfall - Is this six tons?

What area of the US are you in? How did your pool turn out? Was it a nightmare to put in? Expense to run etc?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here