Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
suzee7447

New Pool in Central TX

Suzee7447
12 years ago

I have been lurking around the site for several months and enjoying all the posts and responses. We started our pool three weeks ago. The process has been relatively painless except the drought conditions are turning my backyard into a giant dust bowl.

D-Day--Dig Day

Gunite Day!!

Back side of waterfall

Oklahoma Flagstone Coping Complete

Front of waterfall with Patsy Jane (our resident nanny goat wannabe)

To be continued.....

Comments (12)

• banana_fanna
    12 years ago

Pretty garden and yard. Are those orchards in the background? Looking forward to seeing the finished product.

• Suzee7447
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Nothing new today..Hopefully will be finishing up during the next week. Thanks for comments.

@ poolcenter: I don't mind if you use the pictures.

@ banana_fanna: We don't have any orchards. We have about 30 acres. The pastures directly behind our house are open for the horses and then further back is heavily wooded. I have added a couple of before pictures of the yard....well before 22 days of 100+ temps, over 3 months without any rain and unusually high winds since March. My flowers were really lovely at one time. It is beginning to resemble a warzone at this point:(

• Suzee7447
    Original Author
    12 years ago

We are pouring the decks tomorrow....

• Suzee7447
    Original Author
    12 years ago

So exciting---the tile is finished and the yard is on the way to getting cleaned up. Stonescapes Aqua Blue finish tomorrow.

• Suzee7447
    Original Author
    12 years ago

More pictures--a few close ups of the tile. It is Noble Tile Saxa Chiaro Mix..

• llcp93
    12 years ago

Coming along beautifully! I really like the TX tile inlay. I personally would love to have that for a project we are doing when these triple digits let up.
    Where bouts in central TX are y'all? We are in the DFW area.
    Keep this pics comeing.

• lzydogrnch
    12 years ago

Who is building your pool? I am in dripping and about to start getting bids. Also how did the digging go? We have so much rock!

• beachman68
    12 years ago

Looks great!

I would guess you are somewhere near Temple/Belton.

• Suzee7447
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Sorry I haven't posted any updates lately...on vacation and then school starting makes life crazy!

@zookeeper--I designed the TX star myself and then had Sal at Cowtown Ceramics in Ft. Worth create it. He was very helpful, not too pricey and we got it within about 2 weeks.

@lzydogrnch and beachman68--we are located about 15 miles south of Waco. Ramirez Pools out of Belton was our PB...we have rock but it basically chips away in layers. The digging was really not a problem and we didn't require any special rock busting equipment.

I will post a few new pics to show the Pergolas, additional rock work on the pool wall, aqua blue stonescape finish etc. Still working on another pergola as well as a new addition to our house..busy busy busy!

• Suzee7447
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Finished mosaic--the water is sooo blue!

The finished waterfall

The pool with pergolas in background

finished rock work on the back of the pool wall--just needs to be washed and cleaned up

Hopefully we will be wrapping everything up over the next few weeks so we can finally get the yard cleaned up! I am seriously considering astroturf if we don't get rain soon----I'm done with all the dirt:)

• fpetrini
    12 years ago

I especially like the rebar caps used in the beginning stages of your construction :)

All kidding aside it looks awesome, and i really like the Tx star you added, it looks great.

• sde2001
    11 years ago

Beautiful pool! I am south of Belton and will be interviewing Ramirez in two days. Do you recommend this company? Also, we are running off well water and this makes me nervous with the high mineral content. Do you have any advice about this? I have heard so many horror stories regarding OK Flagstone for coping, but that seems to be the material of choice for the PBs in the area. Are you still happy with this? THANKS!