Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Completed Pool Project

Posted by vanvmom (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 6, 07 at 23:32

Here are some photos of our newly completed pool.

15x33 free form
Hayward Tristar
Salt Water System
Tahoe Blue Pebbletec
Gold Quartzite Rock

We have a detached spa on the side of our house already, so just needed to add the pool. Hopefully the link I posted will work.

Here is a link that might be useful: Completed Pool Photos

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Completed Pool Project

Okay.... try again....

Here is a link that might be useful: my pool

o

Very nice pool.

I'm starting mine soon and working through the details of a contract proposal, so I have a question on your decking - did you have a small pad outside your back door already? did you have it removed or did they pour the new concrete up to it or over it. Did you have the existing pad treated at all? Was the new decking coated with a spray deck or other cooling additive? If so, how does it feel on the feet?

o

Not sure if you can see in the photos posted, but we had an 8x12 patio poured 5 years ago (plus another 8x20 ft that joins it around the corner of the house that leads to our spa - we have a corner lot and had certain restrictions to what we could put on our large side lot). On this large L shaped patio I layed natural slate tile (the tile came in varied autumn colors). We had the overhead aluminum (yet looks like wood) patio cover installed to cover the portion of the patio right off the rear of the house. When they poured the decking for the pool they placed a deco drain and mastik between the new decking and the existing slate tile patio. We picked a cement color that went nicely (we think) with the existing patio.
We did not "treat" either the patio or the decking when the pool was built. We have full sun, and hot days, but I find if we spray off the patio with the hose right before we use it, that it is fine - warm, but not hot on the feet.
The slate tile is slippery (the nature of slate), and 5 years ago we coated the slate with a sealant that was recommended, but I'm not sure it helped.
On another note, some friends had a pool built by the same builder, right after we completed ours. They had an existing patio, and the pool builder designed a pool that would allow them to keep their patio intact - again using a deco drain to divide the patio from the pool decking.

o

Bummer, I couldnt view your pictures....could see your words to the slide show, but no pictures...wonder why?

o

Photos should be fixed now. It was a photobucket "loading" issue - lost assets, who knows???? Seems to be working now.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here