Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jobewan

Pool remodel spa addition progress to steel

Here are some pix from my project on the San Francisco Peninsula. I hope they are helpful to someone in some way.

We began by pulling the old lath out of the pool patio and removing the Coping and tile on May 15th. Today, steel was completed. Except for the steel, all work has been done by myself and two helpers. We've been keeping up a good pace and have completed all of the saw cuts, trenching, excavation and demo and rough electrical for the new panel in the equipment area.

Next week we finish filling the old patio lath gaps with concrete in preparation for flagmat overlay, complete plumbing, complete electrical pannel upgrades, run conduit and MAYBE, HOPEFULLY get gunite scheduled and ....

Our goal is to be filling the pool on July 3rd. It may be a pipe dream but ...... I'm gonna go on dreamin'.

Of course, your comments, critiques, boons, brickbats, and ideas are always welcome and appreciated. This forum has been exceedingly helpful in undertaking this adventure and once again everyone who contributes to it has my deepest thanks.

Here's some pix (I hope - first time trying this):

Before:

During Draining:

Drained:

Digging the new spa:

Demo:

Core Drilling:

Steel:

That's it for now. More to come as the days fly by.

Joe

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!