Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
padraig_gw

Bugs in Pool

padraig
17 years ago

Hi, Does anyone else have a problem with little black beetle type bugs in their pool?

I live in Lincoln California in the Sacramento area. I had a few last year and summed it up to

the new landscaping. But this year they are back. It has been about a month and a half and they

are still around. They are easy to scoop out and kill but they keep coming back. Some are about

the size of your pinkie nail but most are much smaller, some the size of a pin head.

We have Clarks Pest Control service and have had them spray the beds around the pool area but doesn't help.

Any suggestions on how to eradicate these pests from anyone in the forum would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Padraig.

Comments (2)

• Philanna
    17 years ago

Padraig, You posted this in the Gallery section, you'll get more responces if you post in the Discussion section. I'd like to know about these little dudes too. I'm in Citrus Heights, we have some little tiny black ones that always end up in the skimmer basket or in the filter. Then we've also had one or two of those bigger beetle kind, I find them rather hard to net. They're like super fast deep divers. My kids said their friends pool has lots of them (our pool is new), and that they bite? Maybe I'll ask my pool guy, if he knows I'll pass it on.
    Anna

• padraig
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Thanks Anna ... I just noticed I posted in the wrong section when I logged in to see any replies :-)

Yep they do indeed bite ... I've been bitten once by one of the bigger ones. I purchased a smaller, tighter woven net to scoop them up with ... they tend to settle in the corners of the pool by the surface and they are easier to capture there. Unfortunately you have to squish them or they just crawl back into the pool :-o

Our pool maintenance guy said they would be gone in two weeks and he suggested just scooping them out. But its been months and although they are much less in numbers they are still there.

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!