Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Flagstone Pool Pics

Posted by cobs (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 12, 07 at 18:33

Does anyone have pictures of their flagstone pool that they could post? Sharing what the stone is and where you got it would also be a big help.

Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Flagstone Pool Pics

We just are in the process of putting a Viking Fiberglass pool in with Arizona Sandstone (Natural Oak color). Our pool color is Saphire.

The stone was sourced through a local supply firm - Peninsula Building Material. However, I just saw that HomeDepot has started selling bulk stone. There was a display of some sandstone and some other flagstone right in front of the entrance.

Here is a link that might be useful: our pool

o

Quartzite flagstone. Coping is Tumbled silver, raised bond beam is Idaho Silver. We're in Southern California and got it at Temescal Canyon Rockery off I-15.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

o

Coping is tumbled petrified seashore. RBB is regular petrified seashore.

o

Here is mine. The first two pics are current. This is buckskin quartzite. The buckskin is holding up well in the Sacramento heat and is not very hot at all. However the mortar is coming apart. We do have a salt water pool. I will get the rock guy back to refinish this winter when he is not busy. Say Padre, how are you? Do you know if you have mortar or concrete in the flagstone joints? I may want to use something stronger when we refinish.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here