RboysPool

Posted by joneshome (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 11, 05 at 10:45

First and most important STATS:

Pool
38 x 24 Freeform
36" - 86" Depth
Salt System with Pool Pilot Digital Salt System
2 Sam Lights (last pool only had one and was dark in deep end)
Remote RS6
Pebble Sheen (looking at Blue Granite, Prisim Blue or Turtle Bay)
Quartzite Cooping (undecided either Sydney Peak or Idaho Gold)
6x10 Art Rock Slide
Rock in Shamu Shelf with umbrella sleeve
Multiple Rocks throughout pool deck and in Shamu Shelf

Spa
8x9 Art Rock
1 Sal Light
4x8 Rock waterfall with streams flowing around and into spa
Bridge over stream for spa access
8 button remote switch
10 Jets

Equipment
Pumps (hubby couldnt stop with the pumps)
2hp Pentair (Pool)
1 hp Booster (Spa)
1 hp Pentair (Rock Slide)
1 hp Pentair (Water Fall)
Pentair 400,000 Heater
Navigator Cleaner
Pagoda Service Light

Barbeque
Need helpAny recommendations on brands for built-in bbqs?

Here are the pictures:
http://photobucket.com/albums/y253/JonesHome/

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: RboysPool

Sorry, I will try to get it right!

Here is a link that might be useful: Photos

o

Very nice! Your pool/yard will be beautiful when done. You have a great view, too. Are you in CA? Those rolling hills (and water tower) look familiar!

-Melissa

o

NICE! Keep the photos coming!

o

what is that thing next to the slimmer?
only 1 main drain?

looks very good

Joe

o

Who is doing your pool?

o

Mel2001:
Thank you! Actually, what made us buy this house was partly the view. That meant nobody was living behind us! I just love being able to leave the windows open and not be thinking someone is looking in! Yes we live in Southern California, Murrieta to be precise. Not too many water towers on our side of town. In fact I didnt even realize it was in the pictures. You have great eyes!

Domingos35:
I hope I get this right! I havent confirmed with my builder (so all you builders please correct me if I am wrong!) but the drain in the bottom is a MDX Debris Removal System. The debris is removed from the bottom of the pool and sent to the canister you see next to the skimmer. The secondary backup drain is installed on the wall to provide the entrapment protection we all want and need! I am hoping this will help keep our skimmer a little cleaner.

Mitch carnie:
We got a ton of estimates (including one from the builder that built our last pool) and we decided to go with Custom Pools and Masonry. We have heard good things about them and the individual that is overseeing the pool is my sons coach. We have a great relationship with him.

Finally, we get gunite on Thursday!!! We cant wait!!!

o

I can't wait to see the gunite photos. Also, what is your pup-pup's name? He looks so forlorn in his make-shift dog run. :( We had a similar set-up for our two dogs when we first moved in (DH had to build our fences), so thankfully the dogs had their own place by the time we had the pool built last year. It's hard for a dog to not have the run of his own yard doing pool construction!

BTW-we're in Ramona, CA (NE inland San Diego County) so that's why I spotted the water tower in the one photo. We have lots of those on our hills.

Have you decided on your Pebble color yet?

-Melissa

o

Melissa,
We just did the Gunite today and I posted the pictures. The rocks are still in the rough stage. They will be back tomorrow to make them all look good! My parents just moved up there and they love it! I think I like it the most because of Dudly's! Can't get enough of thier bread!

I think we finally decided on Black Onyx Pebble Sheen. I saw some here in the Galary and loved it. My only concern was it being too dark, so we added another SAM light. That is why we have the two in the pool. We also decided to go with Earth Tone Quart. Now we just need to decide the tile and our job is done! Well I can hope!

-Barb

o

you mention ... "The secondary backup drain is installed on the wall to provide the entrapment protection we all want and need!"

What are you talking about? I was thinking there was some sort of code about how far apart the drains should be for safety ... so that you cannot cover both drains at the same time and get "sucked" to the bottom of the pool. Is this what you mean by entrapment? Or is there something else I should be concerned about? Do you know what the distance should be?

Thanks!

o

Barb: MMmmmmMMmmmMMMmmm...Dudley's bread....! (doing my best Homer Simpson impression) :) Good stuff!

I love the rock formations and slide in your gunite photos. You're going to have a lot of fun watering everything down the next 7-10 days!

The Black Onyx PS and earth tone quartzite will look great together. I think Lindsey_CA has that color finish, but Bouquet Canyon stone. Belly_Flop has a black finish (I don't think it's PS--I think it's another brand) with an earthtone stone coping. It's really pretty. I can't wait to see updated photos!

-Melissa

o

KBKB,
Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. If you look at this picture from when they did the Gunite, you will see a pipe coming out of the wall. This is where our second drain is located. I would say it is about a foot up the wall and maybe a total of two feet from the bottom drain. As far as your question about how far it should be....I will leave that to the experts! Speaking of experts....Can anyone help me on a question about overflow drains? Shouldn't the overflow drain be higher then the skimmer? I was thinking that if the overflow drain is lower, then water would never get to the skimmer for cleaning. Correct?

Here is a link that might be useful: Wall Drain picture

o

Yes I would think the overflow should be higher. But I'm not a builder.

o

mitchcarnie,
You were correct! I jumped the gun. They just finished up our coping and installed the drain much higher then I originally thought! Well, we are getting Pebble Sheen tomorrow! Boy I can not wait until this weekend when we can finally see water in our pool!

o

Our Pebble Sheen went in today! I can not wait! We ended up going with Black Onyx and I am glad! I was surprised to see how dark it was during the process. It seems to be softening as it dries. I will post once the water is in!

o

Great! Can't wait to see the pictures. You'll be swimming soon.
Carol

o

Looking forward to more picks. Looks great!

o

We finally have water!!! I just posted pics!

o

Beautiful pool. I love your quartzite and rockwork. Some of the best detail I have seen. You made the right choice with the pool company. I'm not even going to ask the cost, looks like a million!

o

I love the pictures! Do you have any more recent ones. I really would love to see it with some landscape included! We are just getting ready to do a tropical look in our back and I am looking at this site for information and ideas. If you are going to go with the tropical look, could you post some pics?

jbbg

o

We need a pool in Carlsbad and love your pics. Who do you recommend? Prices? Thanks.

Colleen

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here