Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Swimming Pool Decisions

Posted by packerfan2008 (My Page) on
Fri, May 2, 08 at 20:07

Hi - I know that there are many people out there looking for advice, pictures and basic info on building an inground pool and spa. My wife and I used the internet to do most of our research and we found the task to be quite daunting. We needed a designer, contractor and landscaper. We also needed to find info on city permits, laws and HOA guidlines. We also needed to pick out materials, equipment, etc. I am basically posting this to help anyone out there looking for a similar look to what we went with. Oh - I forgot to mention that we live in Southern California.

Our pool is a free form design. All the decking and coping was done using tumbled ashlers - square's and rec's (Color: Cheyenne). The bond beam (Back wall of the pool) was done using ledge stone from Cougar (Color: Dakota & Dakota Wild Horse Blend). We decided on Pebble Sheen as our plaster. We wanted a lagoon look to the water so we went with Black Onyx on the color. We decided on a iridescent glass tile mosaic for the waterline - I think this upgrade really makes the entire look of the pool. We really love the way it turned out. We also decided on a Salt Water pool -It's the only way to go. Our pool equipment is all Jandy.

Our water features are almost complete (Still looking for overflow pots that work). The BBQ island, patio cover, landscaping and basically the entire project was all very well handled by one contractor. We came in on time but unfortunately, a little over budget.

I hope these pictures help in someones decision making. I hunted high and low for pictures online was not very lucky.

Image link: Swimming Pool Decisions (43 k)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Swimming Pool Decisions

Please let me know if you would like to see more pictures - I would be happy to send them over. Thanks.

o

Packerfan, I'd love to see your pool decisions, I'm in that process right now, what equipment did you go with? We're building a 20x40 and trying to contract it ourselves...thanks!!
Your pool looks sooooo relaxing! Hoping you're enjoying it!
Tara

o
Waterline tile and Pebble Tec

Updating an old pool....do you have to do waterline tile or can you just have Pebble Tec up to the edge under the cool deck?

Extremely hard water and high femperatures leave alot of mineral deposits on waterline tile.

o

Hi Packerfan,
We are new to this, also in So Cal, and just posted our new pool build stats with some questions today; (North County San Diego pool + putting green). I'd love to see more pictures and any helpful websites you found in the process of building your beautiful pool!
Nancy

o

hi packerfan2008, would love to see more pics. your pool is beautiful - love the pebbletec color.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here