Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
packerfan2008

Swimming Pool Decisions

packerfan2008
15 years ago

Hi - I know that there are many people out there looking for advice, pictures and basic info on building an inground pool and spa. My wife and I used the internet to do most of our research and we found the task to be quite daunting. We needed a designer, contractor and landscaper. We also needed to find info on city permits, laws and HOA guidlines. We also needed to pick out materials, equipment, etc. I am basically posting this to help anyone out there looking for a similar look to what we went with. Oh - I forgot to mention that we live in Southern California.

Our pool is a free form design. All the decking and coping was done using tumbled ashlers - square's and rec's (Color: Cheyenne). The bond beam (Back wall of the pool) was done using ledge stone from Cougar (Color: Dakota & Dakota Wild Horse Blend). We decided on Pebble Sheen as our plaster. We wanted a lagoon look to the water so we went with Black Onyx on the color. We decided on a iridescent glass tile mosaic for the waterline - I think this upgrade really makes the entire look of the pool. We really love the way it turned out. We also decided on a Salt Water pool -It's the only way to go. Our pool equipment is all Jandy.

Our water features are almost complete (Still looking for overflow pots that work). The BBQ island, patio cover, landscaping and basically the entire project was all very well handled by one contractor. We came in on time but unfortunately, a little over budget.

I hope these pictures help in someones decision making. I hunted high and low for pictures online was not very lucky.

Image link:

Comments (6)