Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pool Heaters

Posted by mee315 (My Page) on
Mon, May 31, 10 at 11:49

Ok so I've scoured the posts for this info but haven't seen it so here goes. I live in southeast Mass and have a 18X36' liner built in with stairs and swim-out so slightly under 700sf surface area. I've read bigger is better and I've also seen comments that haven't killed Hayward but not incredibly complimentary. I'm also a licensed plumber so I have working knowledge on the mechanics... so here's the questions:

Raypak Digital Propane P-R406A-EP-X a good choice?
Too big for my pool?
Does Raypak manufacture a 'lesser' quality heater for the homeowner that looks the same but has inferior parts? (yes it's true there are 'home depot' lines and 'plumbing supply' house lines in water heaters, boilers, etc. been to the factories and have seen with my own eyes!)

Thanks for you help!!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pool Heaters

I have a Pentair MasterTemp pool/spa heater that turns itself on. It is not an automated system and I believe the heater turns on whenever the pump timer kicks on. This is at a second home and we have arrived after being gone for several days to find our pool heated to 105 degrees. The heater has been replaced once under warranty and other repairs have been made by the manufacturer's reps, yet the problem continues. Our only solution has been to turn the gas off whenever we leave. Has anyone experienced this problem. Thanks,

John Fedorko

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here