Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ausman_gw

The waaaaaaay cheap owner builder!

ausman
17 years ago

Ok maybe now the pics will attach.

Hello all. Yes I began the owner builder thing back in March with a budget not to exceed $25,000. At the moment I am at approx $16,000 which includes $3,000 for the excavation, $2,200 for the rebar, $6,400 for the gunite and the rest on Ebay new pool equipment, plumbing, electrical and odds and ends. I am doing all the trenching, plumbing, electrical and will attempt the masonary ie. coping and facing in probably 3 river stone. Just passed my second inspection which is underground electrical conduit and pressurized gas lines. If any one has any questions I will attempt to do my best to answer as I have time. Very busy with guess what! Unfortunately I was held up for about a month due to the many rains we had here in SoCal but am busy back at it again. Sooooo sore from trench digging though. But thats what's saving all the money, every penny counts! Will also update pictures as progress continues if anyone's interested. I am after some info though. I need recommendations for good cantilevred concrete guy's in the Inland Empire. I am in Rancho Cucamonga specifically. Any info appreciated. These pics are about 2 months old. Not alot has been done since except trenches, some plumbing, electrical and gas. Again rain delayed me for some time. Love all the info this forum contains and hope to add to it. Damien.