Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Aqua Man's Pool

Posted by aqua_man (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 30, 06 at 0:21

I'll post more once we plant our trees and plants.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Aqua Man's Pool

Very Awesome! Where are you located and who was your builder? Also, care to share any other stats?

o

Hey Mitch. Thanks for the comments. I'm in Elk Grove. I did owner builder.

Stats? Let's see.... It's 34 x 16 (22' at the longest width). I went with a blue 3M Colorquartz finish. That's all I can think of at the top of my head. Any specific questions?

o

We are FINALLY DONE with the landscaping (except for 2 trees).

A Pom-Pon juniper tree will go against this fence.

A Hinoki Cypress tree will go behind the waterfall.

We still need to get a bridge to go over the rocks and connect to the walkway on the side of the house.

We also painted our house :-)

Next year my outdoor bbq island will go where the table is and we will get all new patio furniture :-)

o

Awesome! What are the dimensions of your waterfall and how many and what type of light do you have?

o

Thanks burgos! Our waterfall is about 6 1/2' (inside the niche) x 3 1/2'.

For lights, we have 14 Malibu landscaping lights.

o

What kind of plants/trees did you put behind the pool, near the fence? Your landscaping looks to be evergreen, which is what our yard is. I am looking for ideas to replace some of the landscaping we had to pull out that will also run along our fence. There will be a small planter area between the RBB and the fence - maybe 4 ft. and will run the length of the pool for the most part.

o

suezqt7399 - Behind our pool we have the following:

4 Podocarpus "Gracillior" trees
2 Dwarf Pomegranates
Canna's
Tapien Purple
Diosma "Sunset Gold"
Dietes Vegeta (Iris)
Red Flax

o

your backyard and pool is so pretty. I love your landscaping. Can I ask what the name of the tile is ?

o

Thanks beaglemom! The name of our tile is "Pietra Azul - Tuscany". We purchased it from NPT.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here