Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Kool Deck

Posted by burn22 (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 23, 06 at 22:15

Hi there...I'm totally enjoying this forum, just wish I would've found it a few months ago.

Well, our gunite is done, and now on to making a decision about decking. I don't know much about the different types of decking, but our pool package comes with Kool Deck...Can anyone tell me some of the advantages and/or disadvantages of Kool Deck???? T5 is the color that I would like...if I decide to go with Kool Deck. If anyone has any photos of the T5 decking color, I'd love to see them. I really love the stamping technique, but I'm not sure if it's in our price range. We're only going to go two feet around the perimeter with decking. The rest will be a natural flagstone.

Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Kool Deck

Hi: I am also exploring the option of a Kool Deck coating. I read where kool Deck is better on a newer concrete surface but not on an older prexisting concrete deck. Is this true? Lastly, Is applying Kool Deck something I can do myself? My neighbor seems to think it will be easy enough, just preasure wash the old concrete and apply with a long handled roller. He's saying let's get a couple more guys together and knock it out on a weekend. Is this a fairly easy project? Here is a link I found that may be useful to you:

Here is a link that might be useful: Kool Deck Thread

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here