{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

Here is a link that might be useful: TC's complete pool album

Comments (16)

• jerezander
    17 years ago

Wow -- what an amazing setup -- congratulations!! We are just starting our design process, and I only wish I could do all of that. Is your spa a spillover, or separate from the pool? It's such a great design. Are you in a location where you can use your pool year round?

• twochicklets
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hi jerezander,
    Thanks!! The spa is a spillover. I had just turned it on when I took that picture, so you can't tell. We are in the Dallas area so we will probably be able to use the pool from late April to early November. The patio even longer.

• auburn_girl
    17 years ago

Could you please tell me the source for just the waterspout bowls that are sitting up on top of the waterfall sectional wall. The whole pool is breathtaking. Congradulations and have a great swim.

• connie_ohio
    17 years ago

I have been waiting for your updated pictures. Your pool turned out great. I have researched the Travertine tiles for my pool house/cabanna. What type did you get? I looked at some at Lowes and they were quite slippery. Also how deep is your pool? How many feet do you have for the shallow end? We are debating a diving board and just keep going back and forth. We were going to have a raised wall to jump off of but elevations have now axed that idea. A jump rock I think will look out of place. It is a free form pool 21 X 48.
    Just love your pool and entertaining area. Great Job!
    Connie

• twochicklets
    Original Author
    17 years ago

auburn girl, Thanks! I don't know where they came from but I will try to find out for you. I did google this link for you:
    http://www.phoenixprecastproducts.com/scupper.html

connie_ohio, our travertine is just ivory tumbled. It was from Mexico. Our pool is 9' deep. It has a small shallow end because of the depth. It is over my 6 year old's head almost immediately. We don't have really little kids and our kids are good swimmers so we went with the depth. Kids love to jump and dive and we figured that they are safer in an actual diving pool. We have a new rule that there is no jumping/diving off the wall. Board only!

• sharlanet
    17 years ago

Beautiful pool and I love your fireplace!!!! Is the wood-looking area above the fireplace opening for storage or what? That would've been nice to do, but what about the chimney? It looks so cozy for entertaining! We did a fireplace last year but really need to do some sort of pergola to make it feel more like a room. Great set-up!!!

• connie_ohio
    17 years ago

Your rock is almost the same as what we are looking for. We will have a raised spa with that rock and some facing on the pool house and fireplace will have it too. We are trying to match our existing house stone facing. I assume it is natural and hand cut. How long did it take for them to do. Also my DH was against pavers until he saw yours, did you order direct from Mexico and did you have to grout between or just lay in sand? Just love it!

• ampallen
    17 years ago

WOW!!!!! It's so gorgeous. I wish I could just wiggle my nose like Samantha in Bewitched and "ding" -- my backyard would look like yours!! Congratulations, you've done a beautiful job.

• twochicklets
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Thanks sharla. The cabinet is for a television. It is only about 11" deep so the chimney is behind it. We have gas logs but it can also be wood burning. The fireplace is very thick.

connie_ohio, our pool/arbor stone is limestone. We also have stone on the front of our house. It is austin stone-very similar and it blends perfectly. The Austin stone has more color variations and we wanted more uniform white in the pool area. The stone masons cut everything by hand on site. It probably took the pool team 3 or 4 days. The arbor/fireplace/bar guys about a week. Very noisy and extremely dusty.

The decking contractor did all of the ordering. The only reason that I know it is from Mexico is that the pavers are stamped "hecho en Mexico". There is only a sand base, no concrete, no mortar. Actually there are concrete footings under the posts and fireplace and they poured a concrete base for the bar. Othere than that the entire deck sits on sand.

Thanks mom2fivekids! It really didn't take very long. We had a month of weather delays, but our dig started 12/7 and it was finished 2/23. We started talking to pool companies and getting bids late august, we signed late october.

• airborne101
    17 years ago

It came out absolutely gorgeous. We are going to mimic your deck, so glad you posted the pictures. I wish I had enough room and $ to copy your bar and fireplace. All in good time. Enjoy it, it is fabulous. Barb

• gk5040
    17 years ago

Its beautiful. You did a fabulous job picking everything out. Who makes your bar stools, I am looking for something that might be similar. The pic wasnt really of your barstools but I noticed them since I am shopping for some. I need a black cast aluminum cross weave pattern to match a patio set I bought a few years back (in another state).

• twochicklets
    Original Author
    17 years ago

gk5040,
    All of our patio furniture is Hanamint. They definately carry a cross weave pattern. Our deep seating and chat area are a different pattern than the barstools, but they are all Hanamint. They are v e r y heavy.

• gk5040
    16 years ago

Thanks, our patio table is made by Three Coins. I noticed Hanamint makes a pattern very similar to what we already have, I plan on finding a distributor to see it up close:)

• tropical_oasis
    16 years ago

Hi, what area in Dallas is that? I wanna move there! Those houses are so nice. I'm tired of Tampa.

• sharlene_miner_gmail_com
    12 years ago

How has your decking held up? any stains? Do you have children?

• twochicklets
    Original Author
    12 years ago

so sorry! I have't been around in a while and just noticed this question. Yes we have kids and LOTS and LOTS of parties! Our decking has held up perfectly. The only thing that has changed is the Leuder's Limestone coping in several areas because of the salt water. I choose to think of it as a patina, it doesn't really bother me , but it may bother others.