Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How old were your Teens when they stopped using your pool?

Posted by schreibdave (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 19, 07 at 6:39

We currently have a pool that our 8 and 10 yr are in constantly. From talking to other parents, it seems that there comes an age in the teen years that the kids lose interest in the pool and move on to other activities - leaving dad to maintain a pool that rarely gets used.

Did you have this experience and if so, how old were your kids? We're in Syracuse NY where the summers are hot but the swimming season is pretty short.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How old were your Teens when they stopped using your pool?

Dave-you might want to repost this in the discussion section instead of the gallery which is mainly for pics. For what it's worth, my youngest two were 13 & 15 when I put in my pool and neither use it a whole lot but I don't really mind since I mainly put in the pool for me ;)

o
RE: How old were your Teens when they stopped using your pool?

Dave - I didn't see you re-post on the discussion forum so I'll answer it here. Many of my friends have pools and I grew up with a pool. It appears that kids lose interest around junior high/high school age when socializing with their peers is more important to them. I know kids who have friends over often tend to use the pool more--just like I did when I was a teenager. My next door neighbor's kid is 13 and he rarely swims/play in the pool unless he has friends over--and they had the pool done just a year ago! You're definitely getting your monies worth since your kids are still young. We are almost done with our pool and our two boys ages 3 and 7 are so excited. So when your kids get to that age, have their friends over, take away the video games, turn off the air conditioning, I'm sure they'll love the pool. LOL

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here