Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
angs_pool

Angs_pool/ really should call it Mick and Alexis' pool!! :)

angs_pool
19 years ago

My DH and a friend took down a 50 foot tree from our back yard..

I wish I would have gotten some pictures of them bringing in and placing the boulders~~That was pretty interesting to watch.

Orchard supply ran out of the stacking block so I had to wait a week to finish!! It was very easy, I did it myself!!

We went with Tahoe blue pebble tec, with tuscany tile, canyon rock water fall, jumps and accent boulders, and medium buff kool deck....

Angie~~Now all We need is warm water :)!!!

Comments (45)

• rwest
    19 years ago

Wow

Looks great. I am sure the kids will love their new playground.

Rob

• gaylek
    19 years ago

Thank you for posting the photos! Your pool and the surrounding areas look great. Your sand is a perfect complement to the stones and landscaping!
    Know your children will enjoy the pool also!

• Mel2001
    19 years ago

Ang: WOW! I never realized that you had a terraced backyard! Now you and your DH can be floating in the pool and talk to your little ones while they're in their fort! Cool!

-Melissa

• soggy6
    19 years ago

Angie, you have such beautiful landscaping around you! The first picture with your son looks like such a great spot for pictures! I didn't realize your pool was on a second level, it's truly like a retreat! What a great piece of property!

What is your pool tile? I know you've probably answered that question a million times - sorry!

Soggy6

• angs_pool
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Thanks Guys for your compliments~~Your so cool!!! :)

Soggy~~Yeah~~We have 3 tiers to our property, The pool is up top which We can see out of all the windows from the back of our house Very close too, only about 7 feet of decking from our house to our pool!! then We have the level Where The kids treehouse is~Our kids spend alot of time down there this time of the year, they have swings down there, My son likes climbing the tree, and they like playing in the sand, then We have a 3rd where are fruit trees are~~We don't use that area much, But I would like to put in a garden down there... Below our fence line is a greenbelt , So it is pretty private when the trees have there leaves.. As you know We are putting on a patio cover soon so I will take more pictures then...

Also this is the tile We chose~~ It's the Tuscany "Pietra Azul" from National pool tile~~You can check it out at NPTGONLINE.COM also...

Have you gotten some rain to help water down your gunite?? I actually got a suntan laying out by my pool the last 3 days but today We woke up to sprinkles, I'll bet you and your family are looking foward to this swimming season!!! This is a good time of year to get a pool built~~ When the pool is done you'll still have time to landscape before it gets too hot to plant!!!

Angie

• soggy6
    19 years ago

Angie,

The rain has helped, today is the first day of sun in a while, I just finished watering down the pool. I can't believe you were laying out - even with the sun it's freezing! Were you raised in NoCal? I'm thinking you are more used to it than me. When I visit my friends in socal they can't believe how white I am! I really am getting excited about using the pool, hopefully we'll start warming up early this year, although the lake near us (Folsom) is so low, we really do need a long season of rain.

I am looking forward to landscaping the pool area, it's so hard to even imagine how it's going to look with the mess everywhere.

Sounds (and looks) like you've got a great lot. I am hoping to have more fruit trees, right now we just have two apples, a cherry and a lime. What do you have?

Janna

• angs_pool
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Soggy~~Your yard looks great still~~ It doesn't look like they tore it up bad at all, What are you going to plant?? Do you have any ideas yet??
    I love living in Ca. My DH and I are from Ohio, We moved out here in 1989.
    Our back yard is south facing so We get full sun, and our patio goes right up to our sliding glass doors and our house is stucco so with all that We don't get much wind and the sun reflects the pool and stucco making it easy to get tan this time of year~~Come our 100+ days this summer hopefully we'll have a patio cover up by then!!!
    We have lemon/lime and Orange trees and banana plants (that haven't produced yet)... Used to have cherry~~~(TOO MESSY!)
    Angie

• arbisi
    19 years ago

Angie,
    What part of Ohio are you from? I moved to Florida in 1994 from Centerville (suburb Of Dayton)

• angs_pool
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Hi Arbisi~~My DH and I grew up in Mansfield, (1 hour north of Columbus), Then moved to Columbus after We got Married in 1986, then decided to move out here in 1989~~Big move huh?! How do you like living in Florida?? Do you still have family in Ohio?? My Mom and 3 brothers still live in Ohio but My 3 sisters live in different states... We go back every couple of years, I really miss my family but We would never move back~~We really like Redding, Ca. and family has a place to vacation :).
    Angie

• arbisi
    19 years ago

Angie,
    My parents are the only family I have here in Florida--everyone else is still in Ohio. I love living in Florida!! I really appreciate our weather here--never want to go through another Ohio winter!

• debrawnelson
    19 years ago

And neither do I! I had to chime in--I grew up in Akron--went to Akron U for one year then decided to head south! Best decision I ever made, and it drastically changed my life for the better!

Angie, the pool is beautiful!

• angs_pool
    Original Author
    19 years ago

I agree~~ Moving to Ca. was GREAT for us too!! We are warm weather people :) Do you still have Family in Ohio??? How often (if ever) do you go back??

Thanks For the compliment!!
    Angie

• debrawnelson
    19 years ago

My brother and his family are still there, but I see them on their way to the beach every year, so I NEVER go to Ohio! I would like to take my daughters there one time to see where I grew up, but we always find more fun places to go!

• Tidalcloud
    19 years ago

Angie,

The pool is beautiful! We are about to break ground here in NJ and our pool shape and layout are similar to yours. I've been wavering on my choice of going with a 6' deep end. How do you feel about it? Any downside?

• angs_pool
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Tidalcloud~ Hi and Welcome!!!

That's exciting that your starting your pool!! Do you like to dive, or have kids that like to dive??

We finished ours last fall, So We haven't gotten to really "SWIM" yet, So I don't know how to answer your question, other then to say that We aren't "divers" my son loves to do "cannon balls" so We are hoping 6 1/2 feet is deep enough, We didn't want the slope to the deep end to start any more into the shallow end, because We put in a baja shelf and that took up some of the shallow. I'm sorry I can't help you more.. I'm planning to let ALL VISITORS know the depth of our pool before they get in~~A "NO DIVING" sign will be posted!! I hope this helps!!
    Congratulation on your upcoming pool!! Please post pictures of your progress!!!
    Angie~~Believe Me you'll get some GREAT help in this forum, And you'll soon be hooked :)!!

• angs_pool
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Hi guys~~~I just thought I would update my pictures~~We now have our patio cover done, and I bought all new patio furniture, a new fridge and grill and solar is hooked up.. My Brother is going to build us our island/bar for our grill in the next year or so, (I really want something made by him, So We are going to wait on that.)

We still have to get a fan and outdoor speakers and We are eventually going to get french doors and get a larger picture window, But We are very happy to be this far along..
    Angie

• arbisi
    18 years ago

Everything looks fantastic! Just curious--what brand/model camera are you using? Is it digital or are you scanning actual photos? You pictures always look great!

• padrefan
    18 years ago

Wow. Everything looks great. Congratulations. You are READY for summer! Love the patio cover and furniture!

• gschall
    18 years ago

looks wonderful

• angs_pool
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Thanks guys, I was so worried about how the cover was going to turn out, So I'm pleased and it's so nice that the rain has stopped and We can swim now~My kids are very happy :)!!

Sherri~~Thanks, We have a Fuji "finepix 2650" nothing fancy but it seems to work fine..

Life is good!!
    Angie

• waterbaby_in_PA
    18 years ago

Angie, it turned out perfect! I really like that part is solid and part open. And the columns are really classy looking. A very comfortable, welcoming, relaxing area. Feels good, huh. Enjoy every minute.
    Nanc

• Mel2001
    18 years ago

Angie: Your backyard is just beautiful, and your patio cover was finished just in time for the summer weather! I hope no bears decide to take a dip in your beautiful pool...! :)

-Melissa

• angs_pool
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Nanc, Thanks so much, that is very nice of you to say, All of my family is back east so I'm hoping it looks inviting enough for them to come stay,

So far so good, My sister, her husband and 4 kids will be coming for a week and a half in July
    !! Hope your enjoying your beautiful pool!!

Melissa, Thanks so much, I'm sure your enjoying your beautiful pool, with the weather We are having

We have been spending alot of time on the baja shelf with the umbrella, what a GREAT invention.....

Life is good!!
    Angie

• rheddhedd
    18 years ago

Angie
    It is really lovely.
    I hope you don't mind....I swim vicariously in your pool on a regular basis!! (I try not to splash too much.)
    But don't worry, I'm not always in "your" pool....sometimes I'm in Padrefan's or Rwest's or Belly Flops or Michelle_AZ's ...Thanks to all of you for posting pictures of your beautiful pools....gives those of us who are still waiting something to dream of!
    :-D
    Sally

• angs_pool
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Thanks Sally, You can come and swim with us anytime :) and We don't mind the splashing~~(it's a Good thing with the jump rock and all :).

I really know how your feeling, It wasn't that long ago that I was "swimming" in everyone elses pools also, But soon~~Your beautiful home and pool will be done and you'll forget how long this all took and it will be worth the wait...

Hang in there!
    Life is good!!
    Angie

• hspohn
    18 years ago

What finish and color choice do you have on your pool?

• angs_pool
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Hi HSPOHN~ We chose the Tahoe blue pebble tec.

Angie

• angisimpsondotcom
    18 years ago

haha! Sally...you do that too?? I was just in Angies pool yesterday! *Sunday I went into Michelles* teeheehee..

Angie, I'll have you know your baja shelf picture with the umbrella sold my husband on the shelf...I showed him yours and Michelles (az) he said 'oh ya...def!

oh, btw...did someone build your colums? or did you buy them premade? we are going to do that to our front porch area and we have old wrought iron up now..I figured we could just 'encase' them...any input?

• angs_pool
    Original Author
    18 years ago

:) You guys are too funny~~But really if you lived close I'd invite you over for a "SWIM".......

I'm glad you got your DH to agree on the baja shelf~~You won't be sorry!! We think it's the best thing ever!! Your whole family will love it!

The columns are hollow fiberglass that are lowered down over the post that are secured into the deck, I do know what your talking about though, There is something I've seen, that is formed in 2 pieces and can be put together to get a simular look... I would call local contractors to see what they know about them... Good luck~Sorry I'm no help with that..

Have fun planning your pool!!
    Life is good!!
    Angie

• booboomoomoo
    18 years ago

It is beautiful! What I really love is your lot - it seems that you live almost ona mountainside - or at least you have nobody behind you! Fantastic views :)

Boo

• angs_pool
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Thanks BOOBOOMOOMOO~~I LOVE YOUR NAME!! Can you tell Me~Is there a story behind it??
    That's very nice of you!! Our pool is pretty private unless our neighbor decides to paint his ROOF again :) Very Odd!!! :)

Life is good!
    Angie

• soggy6
    18 years ago

Angie,

We just got home from camping in your neck o the woods - Shasta! We had so much fun and the baby was his usual "trooper" self!

While we were gone, our plaster was "exchanged" for Tahoe Blue Pebble! More on this tomorrow when I can post pictures, but my pool is looking more and more like yours!

Janna

• angs_pool
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Janna~~That's is so GREAT!! You should have looked Me up :)!! Were you guys on Shasta lake?? I hope you were near the water, our weather has been crazy hot..

Sorry, I haven't gotten in here for a couple of weeks, So I didn't know you were putting in Pebble Tec, What happened to your white plaster?
    I think your going to love the TaHoe Blue... I sure hope you do!! PICTURES PLEASE!!! :)

My Sister, and Brother in law were here from N.Carolina with their 4 kids, Mick and Alexis had a BLAST swimming with their cousins, then We went to the coast and the Red Woods last weekend to get out of the record heat! I haven't been able to get in here for almost 2 weeks~~(I don't know how I did it! (JK)) Please fill me in on what's been going on with your pool! I hadn't seen you in here much latley...

Life is good!
    Take care,
    Angie

• angs_pool
    Original Author
    18 years ago

My DH installed pvc style misters, it really helps make it bearable to eat out there now.

What a difference they make~~We also put up a fan to help circulate the mist.

• mitchcarnie
    18 years ago

beautiful pool

Two questions
    1. The tallest 2 palm trees you have in the photo, are those windmill or washington palms? How old are they and how tall will they get.

2. How did you attach your misters to your aluminum patio cover?

• angs_pool
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Mitch~~(That's my Husbands name also :)
    Sorry it took SO LONG to answer your ??'s, My computer went "DOWN" for a while...
    They are Mexican Fan palms~they don't flower, not sure why but I'm glad they don't.
    The palms were $60/5 gallon size when my DH planted them 3 1/2 years ago, I read somewhere that if you trim them alot they grow faster, which seems to be true. I really like the size they are now so I'm not trimming them often... Hopefully that will slow down the growning, They are supposed to get up to 40 feet.
    My DH used self drilling metal screws to attach the misters to the patio cover, He spray painted the pvc and the screws the color of the cover~before attaching it..

• angs_pool
    Original Author
    18 years ago

This is just an update~~ I made curtains for around the table, It sure helped alot..
    We eat out there all the time now!

I also added some flowers "orange king bougainvillea,

It seems like our summer went so fast this year~WOW it's too soon to have such cold nights. :(
    DH put in solar this spring but it's having a hard keeping up... I'm not ready to give up swimming, yet!! :)

Angie~~~ Life is good!!

• angs_pool
    Original Author
    18 years ago

I just thought I would bump this up because it was almost lost in cyber space.........

Nothing new here, but my brother is coming next month to build our outdoor kitchen... I will update when that is completed!!

Angie

• snookums
    18 years ago

Your pool and yard are beautiful! I love what you've done with the patio cover with the fan and the curtains!!

• angs_pool
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Thanks Snookums!! :) your name always makes me smile!

• floatingaround
    18 years ago

I love your pool and patio cover! Congratulations! Do you know what color your cement decking is?

Tracey

• angs_pool
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Hi Tracey, Thanks!! Our patio is medium buff kooldeck..
    It's not the prettiest deck, but it does stay cooler, We are happy with it...
    Thanks again,
    Angie

• floatingaround
    18 years ago

Hi Again Angie,

One last question....what is the top of the enclosed part of your arbor made of? Is it aluminum? We live in San Jose and would like to shade a portion of our patio cover by the kitchen and attached to the house just like you did. Can you provide details? Thanks, Tracey

• angs_pool
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Hi Tracey, It is Allumiwood, We are so glad We went with this product, It's working out great for us!!
    If you do a search for "Aluma Wood or Ultra Lattice...Patio covers" You will see one of the discussions we had about this product!!

Hope this helps you,
    Let Me know if you have any questions...
    Angie

• angs_pool
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Things have changed a lot since these pics were taken.