Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
problems w/pebble fina grigio...does anyone have pictures?

Posted by dsflatt (My Page) on
Thu, Jan 19, 06 at 2:08

We just had a pool completed w/the grigio pebble fina finish. The first time it wasn't acid washed enough and they had to drain and redo and refill. We just refilled and it still doesn't look right. Has anyone else had these problems? Does anyone have any photos of a good pebble fina grigio finish they'd share? Supposedly, a pebble fina rep is going to visit and look on Monday, but we'll see what happens. We're not happy w/it and don't think it was done correctly. It's very splotchy, looks much like plaster and very little rock/color shows through.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: problems w/pebble fina grigio...does anyone have pictures?

I'm not sure what you mean by "very little rock/color shows through." Unlike Pebbletec and Pebblesheen, which have more texture, Pebblefina is a smooth surface (i.e., no pebbles can be felt or seen), and - like plaster - will show some mottling (i.e., splotchiness). That said, yours may have been incorrectly applied and be more spotchy than it should. Any pictures? Also, you might want to post this in the discussions forum, you'll get more people to respond.

o

Thanks for the info. I am aware that fina is much like plaster to the touch, but the look is supposed to have more fleck and variation in color. Ours has a few areas that look as they should, but the majority of the pool looks like cloudy plaster. Do you know quite a bit about the Pebblefina product? Do you have a pool w/fina?

o

AM has the Bella Blue and I have the Acquos...some minor splotchy spots but you're right about variation and flecks. I don't have any major areas of concern and love the product. I can't remember who has the grigio but I agree you should post on the forum to get more exposure.

Here are some pictures:

Image hosting by Photobucket

Good luck...Ralph

o

Those are great pictures. Does anyone out there have pictures of other PebbleFina colors they can post. I'm having a hard time getting good pictures of the "Classico" and "Cielo Blue" colors. Can anyone help? Thanks. Tom

o

If you look in the discussions gallery I have a couple pics of bella blue. We love the color.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here