Return to the Plumbing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
will this sink and faucet fit in a standard depth cabinet?

Posted by ashleymking (My Page) on
Sun, Dec 19, 10 at 22:17

I recently ordered both of these items, and now I'm second guessing my decision. Will these items both fit comfortably? We also plan to install a basic ceramic subway tile backsplash with approx. 1/4 in depth + grout.

http://www.overstock.com/Home-Garden/Ticor-Stainless-Steel-16-gauge-Square-Undermount-Kitchen-Sink/5243242/product.html

http://www.overstock.com/Home-Garden/Three-hole-Satin-Nickel-Kitchen-Faucet-with-Sprayer/1839467/product.html

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: will this sink and faucet fit in a standard depth cabinet?

standard sinks / faucets fit into standard cabinets.
normal sinks / faucets fit into normal cabinets.

the sink you linked to is 18" in the dimension you call depth.

cabinets + a door = about 25".
countertops overhang in front a bit too
if your counter is going to be 25.5" (which is not a big countertop overhang),
then, using arithmetic, that leaves 7.5" for the pieces of counter in front of the sink and behind the sink near the wall or window.

again using the power of arithmetic, that 7.5" gets divided into about 3" in front and about 3.5" in back. This piece of counter about 3.5" is what you have for your faucet.

if your countertop overhangs a bit more than the minimal amount I wrote about above, you could have 3" in front and a bit more space in the back piece of countertop.

i'm using a 3" strip of counter in front for this arithmetic, but you could make is slimmer.

hth

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumbing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here