Signs of a well going dry?

Posted by mommafrye (My Page) on
Mon, Dec 1, 08 at 20:03

What are the signs of a well going dry?

Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Signs of a well going dry?

Umm lack of water? Couldn't resist. Seriously I would think an increase in sediment and the pump drawing air or something like that. Hopefully somebody else will have more answers. I suspect if you're asking (what symptoms are you experiencing?) you already know the answer :)

o

So far just the water has become a little dirty.

o

I have an irrigation use only, shallow well and sometimes after a hard rain or a long period without rain the water gets cloudy. Generally the water clears after a few days of rain, or no rain depending on the cause. My intake is only about 40' down, with about 20' of head.

How deep is your well and what kind of pump and how much head. Has this been going on for a long time? Does the water pressure drop or the flow dwindle after some period of time, if so how long.

If it is just dirty water with no other symptoms then that means you probably have a leak in the casing which is letting in ground water. That is not good if you are consuming the water, but ok if you , like me, are only using it for irrigation.

o

The well is 225 ft deep. I think jacuzzi submersible for the pump. It started last night but it happened back in late July or early August for a day. We have been in a drought for a couple of years. The water is oderless and tasteless.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumbing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here