Return to the Plumbing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need faucet for vessel sink

Posted by bobalink (My Page) on
Fri, Dec 17, 10 at 19:36

I have a bit of a dilemma. My bathroom cabinet is only 18" wide at the sink area. I can't find a square or rectangular self-rimming sink to fit this space, but I found an above-counter square vessel sink from Deco Lav (Model 1417). This sink has a single hole for the faucet. But how do you get a single hole faucet that will accommodate a six inch sink plus the depth of the counter top? Most sink valves are good for a depth of about 3" max. Even with a deck extension kit from Moen or Delta, I reckon 6" is about the maximum depth for a faucet. But with this sink plus the counter top thickness, I would guess that the total depth is more than seven inches. Any suggestions? I really don't want to put the faucet behind the sink.
Thanks,
Bob D.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need faucet for vessel sink

I'm having a little trouble trying to figure out why this is a problem. I took a look at a picture of that sink, and I would assume that you have a couple of options. The first would be to install the hardware onto the sink (using any extensions needed) first, and then put the sink in place. Alternatively, you could install the sink and then install the faucet with the right tools, like a basin wrench and a socket wrench with an extension and a crowfoot wrench head of the correct dimension. This would probably be the harder way to do it. All you need to do is make sure you cut away the countertop under the sink at the back so that you have room to work. Does this make sense or am I missing something here?

You could also give Decolav a call to see if there is anything special about the installation [click on "About Us" after the web site comes up].

Here is a link that might be useful: Decolav

o

kudzu9,

Thanks for your response. You're probably right about installing the faucet hardware first. I have done a few sinks and faucets, but I am having a hard time visualizing this particular sink and faucet combination without actually seeing how the sink and faucet hardware fit together.

Regards,
Bob D.

o

Bob-
Well at least I interpreted your question correctly. I'm sure the manufacturer has designed this so it's not a killer to install. Good luck.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumbing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here