Return to the Plumbing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
free standing tub filler and hand shower with remote valves

Posted by southgeorgia_girl (My Page) on
Sun, Dec 19, 10 at 18:20

I bought a floor model of MTI's Elise solid surface free standing tub. I want it to fill from behind and center. It is really too wide to reach across, so I need to have the valve wall mounted. I like the floor mounted fillers but only the digital ones have the option of remote valves. Or am I missing one?

Deck mounted is the only other option as the wall behind the tub is mostly glass, starting at 19 inches aff. We are thinking of building a box of some sort with a solid surface top and deck mounting, but again I am running into issues of finding what I want.

Looking for a zen look in the bathroom. Bamboo flooring. Any help finding tub filler would be appreciated. Thx.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: free standing tub filler and hand shower with remote valves

Email a few manufacturers. Tell them in one sentence you want flex lines, remote valves, and high flow. like the examples you will give them, the ABC and the YXZ. They will all respond.

It's all mix and match these days, with remotes and flex lines.

Last week I saw that Kohler's Oblo 3/4" valves would do fine for what you need.

Geberit's Cascading Overflow will also do fine. In Italian, "erogazione" or erogation will bring up some other results like this. The tub fills from the same place as the overflow hole. Any remote valve will do.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumbing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here