Return to the Plumbing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

Slant Fin End Caps

Posted by reneophyte (My Page) on
Fri, Dec 16, 11 at 15:48

There appear to be 2 types of end caps for Slant Fin baseboard: hinged and unhinged.

I like the smaller, minimal look of the unhinged better, but see mostly the hinged kind installed.

This may be a stupid question, but what's the difference, ie, when is one used and not the other, aside from aesthetics?


Follow-Up Postings:

RE: Slant Fin End Caps

Hinged caps are used when easy access is desired to valves and bleeders.

 o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

    If you are a member, please log in.

    If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumbing Forum

Information about Posting

  • You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here