Return to the Plumbing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Any comments on the Hansgrohe T302 shower system?

Posted by threeapples (My Page) on
Wed, Dec 28, 11 at 14:52

is it problematic or annoying to only have one function for the rain shower head? Also, faucet direct confirmed you can use the jets, handshower and rain shower at once if you have enough water pressure. We'll have well water, might this be a problem? thanks for any comments!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Any comments on the Hansgrohe T302 shower system?

Do a practice run with all the jets, shower heads, etc. I followed all pipe, flow rate, psi etc and ended up with body sprays that tinkle and not spray when the 10" rain head is operating. On the 3 way valve only one port is larger and the other two are smaller .. I wished I had pre tested before the tiling.

o
RE: Any comments on the Hansgrohe T302 shower system?

If you want to utilize multiple functions at the same time, and have good performance, you'll need a separate control for each. The rain shower head uses all the output potential from the shower valve. I have one. I have 2 separate Hansgrohe control valves: one for the rainshower, the other for the regular shower. We can use both together and the water flow is just fine. It is important to run 3/4" lines for the hot supply right up to the where the branch tee's off to 1/2" for each shower control. 1/2" lines can really only supply a single shower valve at a time.

The inputs and outputs for a shower control valve are all 1/2", therefore they are not sized properly to supply 2 fixtures (i.e. rain shower and body spray) at the same time. Use separate controls and you will get the best performance.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumbing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here