Return to the Plumbing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Can you put a faucet with 1 1/4" pipe into hole that is 1 3/8"

Posted by CT_Newbie (My Page) on
Sat, Dec 14, 13 at 14:37

We have to switch our faucets. The hole in the granite was cut for the Rohl Modern Lux which I think is 1 3/8 thick (but the top part that sits on the granite is wider). We want to use the Rohl Modern Architectural Faucet which is only 1 1/4" thick. The retail store called Rohl who said it wouldn't be a problem. I am worried about shifting?

Does the plumber have to do anything to fill up the gap? Is the faucet held in place mostly by the top part above th counter? Please explain. We'd like to understand this before buying the 2nd faucet. Since we're returning the first one, I think we are limited to Rohls.

Thank you!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Can you put a faucet with 1 1/4" pipe into hole that is 1 3/8

Much of what you say makes no sense at all so reading betwen the lines:
By "thick" you mean diameter of holes through the counter,all sinks and counters have larger holes than nessary. Yours is normal.
By "gap" you mean the difference between where facuet and counter where facuet passes through hole,not to worry,it is normal and will not effect mounting facuet.
The manufacture has assured you it will work,it doesn't get better than that.

o

Standard drilling and sink castings are 1-3/8".
All sink fixture mfg. design and develop their fixtures to accommodate this standard.

Take, for instance, the 1/4" hot/cold water dispensers.

o

Thank you both! Yes, klem, you interpreted my layman's description correctly. Glad to know you both think it will work.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumbing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here