Return to the Plumbing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need a Kitchen Faucet

Posted by cciaffone (My Page) on
Sun, Dec 4, 11 at 13:52

We have had a Price Pfister 2-handle faucet since about
2005. In that time, I have replaced the valves 2 or 3
times. Starting to get ridiculous, as previous old
fashioned faucets had valves that lasted decades!!

So what is best these days??? Moen? Delta? American
Standard????

I am ready to replace the price pfister but nothing
online helps.

chuck

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need a Kitchen Faucet

FWIW.....

My opinion: I use my kitchen faucet many times a day every day, as most people do. I require it to look nice, be easy to use, and to last without giving trouble. Price is secondary to those personal requirements.

My experience: The link below is to a particular Grohe faucet. It is the latest version of the one I've had in continuous service for 18 years. I recommend it to you without hesitation.

I am a retail customer/user of this product. No other interest or association.

Here is a link that might be useful: My Grohe kitchen faucet

o

I have 3 Grohe faucets in my home. The oldest is from 1995. They have given great service

IMO, they are a vastly superior product - but you are going to pay a superior price.

Don't waste you time on that Monen / Price Pfister / etc junk. It's all junk. If the faucet costs less than $250 it's probably junk.

And don't let the plumbers lie to you - Grohe is a global company and parts are readily acessible here in the US, they have an 800 number and a service center in Illinois.

Grohe will reaplace all parts for free - as long as you are the original owner.

However - they are detailed in design - and you have to read and reread the installation instructions. They are not a product where you rip open the box and install.

It's sad that the american stuff has so many problems: Cartridges leak, leaks around the stem, leaks around the spout, spout to stiff to swing, handles that continually come lose, trim that won't stay put. I've had none of these problems with the Grohe fauctes I've installed.

o

Hansgrohe Allegro from Costco. They had $50 off coupon a little while ago, bringing it down to $199 instead of $250. Check the Kitchen forums, too. There's a huge amount of info devoted to faucets.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumbing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here