Return to the Plumbing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

Under-sink water catchment

Posted by silversword (My Page) on
Mon, Dec 21, 09 at 11:30

I am in the process of building an outdoor kitchen, and I have a great drainage from the kitchen sink but I would like to re-use the gray water if at all possible. Does anyone know of an under-sink water barrel type thing I could plumb into my sink so I could use that water for my plants?

I would like the water to go down the sink, run through some sort of filter/food trap, go into an undersink barrel, then have a hose/something to get the water out.

Dimensions should be under 20" high and 16" across.

Thank you for your help!

Follow-Up Postings:

RE: Under-sink water catchment

a 5 gallon bucket with some burlap or other cloth across the top of it. no need for a hose, it will be light enough to dump directly.

 o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

    If you are a member, please log in.

    If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumbing Forum

Information about Posting

  • You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here