Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_20088221

phyoung1326 softener question

User
10 years ago

Posted by phyoung1326 (My Page) on Thu, Dec 19, 13 at 10:31
I have just been quoted $3650 for a kinetico with r/o system. I will make sure to leave my outside hoses unsoftened per previous posts suggest. My water quality analysis deems I need to soften the water. I am definitely capable of DIY but don't know where to get a quality product in my region near Erie pa. Anyone have suggestions on a product to soften my water at a much lower upfront and long term cost? The culligan and ecowater are also unavailable as DIY set ups.

phyoung1326 - Best to start a new thread rather than hyjack an old one if you want your question to get some attention.

The Kinetico quote you have so far will likely be the highest you'll get. They are a reliable brand and have some unique features, but are on the high end of the price spectrum. Try checking your local Yellow Pages for independent dealers and have them give you quotes as well.

If you intend to go the DIY route, there are places online that will sell you a softener. In order to go that route, you need to know how to properly size, install and set up your softener yourself. I can help you with sizing and programming information, but realize that DIY places the burden on you to ensure everything is done properly.

This post was edited by aliceinwonderland_id on Sat, Dec 21, 13 at 10:42