Return to the Plumbing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Battery pack for tankless water heater

Posted by bh401 (My Page) on
Sat, Dec 11, 10 at 10:42

We are building a new house and going with tankless gas water heater. I know bosch has one that ignites with water flow(no electricity) and Rinnai offers a back battery, I think we are putting in a Rheem. Can't find info online about them offering a backup pack. My issue-every year or two we lose power for 2-10 days. Ice storms, tornados or what ever else mother nature decides to throw at us in NE AR. I want to be able to have hot water!! Can you get a manual ignition like on gas fireplace logs for when to power goes out. Or should I switch to one of the above mentioned brands? Plumber chose Rheem. Need to get this figured out pretty quick. Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Battery pack for tankless water heater

Get a back up generator. It's totally worth it and they are not that expensive. That way you can run your fridge, coffee pot, and the blower for the gas heat too. What's the point of having hot water if you have to shower in a cold house and can't have a cup of hot coffee?

o
RE: Battery pack for tankless water heater

2-10days ... wow, agreed with live_wire. NG backup generator and get an electrician to size one for what you NEED.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumbing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here