Return to the Plumbing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
FlowTite Water Valves

Posted by totsuka (My Page) on
Mon, Dec 12, 11 at 9:48

My home has FlowTite Water Valves in the bathroom/kitchen made by AccorTechnology. They come with a ten year warranty and mine are 8 years old now. The hose is connected to the valve at the factory so I guess I can never replace just the hose and would have to replace the hole thing.

Are these valves pretty reliable? I have heard real horror stories of homeowner's water supply hoses breaking after a period of time and a plumber told me years ago to replace them once every 7 or 8 years. Cheap insurance.

Anyone familiar with this product?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: FlowTite Water Valves

Do you have stainless steel braid or nylon braid hoses?

I haven't had the experience with one of these lines breaking - I have had poly supply lines come apart from their compression fitting at the shutoff - usually a bad install.

Looking at their product online, my feeling is that the hoses are going to last just fine. It looks like the only way to change the hoses is to change the valve. They use a "sharkbite" type connection and you turn it counter-clockwise to remove it.

If these were in my house, I wouldn't worry about them (I have the same unbraided poly lines for 20 years).

o
RE: FlowTite Water Valves

I have the nylon braid hoses. I'll just live with it. I see so many of those "water restoration" van driving around and hear horror stories of people's homes being flooded due to busted hoses in the landry room or bathroom. Sometimes I think making things "better" is not actually accomplishing much for the homeowner. These type of fittings are easy to install for the builder but that is about it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumbing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here