Return to the Plumbing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
fyi....kinetico ro update

Posted by asolo (My Page) on
Sun, Dec 19, 10 at 8:33

FYI......

In June and September I installed Kinetico K5W RO units at two different locations. I've been surprised to see a gradual increase in efficiency of both units over the months. Exclusion ratios have continued to improve. 1st install location (the one that only gets weekend use) now running 97%. (425tds inbound; 14tds outbound) 2nd install location (daily use) now running 99%. (188tds inbound; 1tds outbound) Both are substantially above nominal specification targets and better than the previous Kinetico units they replaced. Was not expecting. Astonished to see these numbers...and very pleased. I've seen and owned 97-98% RO's. Never seen 99% before.

Surprised enough to question calibration of my TDS meter. Went back to known TDS concentrations and found everything OK with the meter. The numbers are legit.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: fyi....kinetico ro update

Posting so the first one moves down and out as it should.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumbing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here