Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lookin4help

Basement ejector and Venting

lookin4help
14 years ago

I have a 4 year old home in central Pennsylvania. The basement was built with roughed in plumbing for a bathroom. I have a pit with separate 2" pipes available, one for the vent and another for the ejector connection. I have a 2" pipe coming out of the floor for the sink drain, a hole for the toilet, and a 3" pipe with a reducer to 2" in an opening the concrete floor for the tub/shower.

I know that the toilet will wet vent to the pit.

My questions are with venting the sink and tub. Being that my builder only provided one vent from the basement, I am hoping that the distances from rough in to pit are short enough to allow a wet vent. Otherwise, as I have read, I cannot tie into the pit's vent stack and I am not sure what i'll do.

Sink rough in to pit distance is 8 feet and the sink piping connects to the 'toilet to pit' 4" pipe.

Shower/tub rough in runs 3 feet, and then connects to the 'sink to pit' 4" line about 2 feet from the pit.

Are these distances short enough to allow a wet vent?

Furthermore, if this rough in was inspected and the builder only provided one vent stack (for the pit), can I assume that the wet vent would have been acceptable to that inspector when it was built?

I have a diagram, but not sure i can add it to this posting. If I figure it out, I will add it.

Thanks!

Comments (2)