Return to the Plumbing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Will bathtub fit?

Posted by lisadlu (My Page) on
Thu, Nov 14, 13 at 23:51

We are replacing a true 58"long double skirted bathtub. Since I can't find a double skirted tub (this one is 40 years old) we will have to build a pony wall to accommodate an alcove installation. My problem is we only have 92.5" from wall to wall, and that must accommodate the new 60" tub, new 4" wide pony wall, and 30" for my toilet - this all adds up to 94" and I only have 92.5". I'm thinking I might make up a half inch when the tub goes behind the wall to the studs but I'll still be shy an inch for my toilet. I guess my question is when they say a tub is 60", is it really? Or is it 59.5"? Am I missing something?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Will bathtub fit?

You could use 2x3 framing lumber or 1-5/8" steel studs (not available from big boxes).
Change your search "Item" from skirted, to apron, in your case, full apron, a trade standard terminology.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumbing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here