Return to the Plumbing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cost to install faucet

Posted by cindiw2 (My Page) on
Wed, Nov 25, 09 at 23:50

I want to have a spray faucet installed on my kitchen sink. Home Depot says their basic charge for installation is $119. for starters. I doubt that includes removal of the old faucet, I'll have to ask. A local plumbing company tells me they charge $60 an hour. How much do plumbers get by the hour, and how many hours should it take to remove an old faucet and install a new one?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cost to install faucet

$60/hour is cheap for a plumber. In my area they typicaly also have a minimum charge, like $150 to cover the trip and the first hour. Unless there are complications, a competent plumber should be able to remove an old faucet and install a new one in well under an hour. More importantly, faucets are usually relatively easy to install, unless you are not very handy, which I assume is your situation. Don't you have a friend who knows a little plumbing? This is pretty basic and you could save yourself a fair chunk of money here. I'm not a plumber, but I've done this for several friends and have yet to run into a faucet that I couldn't deal with.

o
RE: Cost to install faucet

Thanks for info. The reason I will only be charged $60/hr. is because we have a service contract with this company. I think I can do it myself, BUT I'm confused about the garbage disposal, so far I haven't seen instructions for removing sink with garbage disposal. That's just one thing. Then I have a situation where I want to raise the sink for a few hours so I can apply something to the countertop. Those are two things for me to worry about.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumbing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here