Return to the Plumbing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Plumbing questions for kids bath

Posted by doreg (My Page) on
Sun, Nov 11, 12 at 23:47

This site has been extremely helpful throughout our remodeling process.

We are redoing our kids bathroom. A few questions:

-Faucet: Will a 10" high bathroom faucet cause splashing? (we have 3 young messy boys) We are getting a 72" double sink vanity and I am concerned that the 5" high single hole faucets will look too small with the large vanity.

-Shower: We want a handheld on a shower bar to help kids shower comfortably at different heights. Will I regret only putting in a bar? Those who have handheld on shower bars, are you happy with it?

Thank you in advance.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Plumbing questions for kids bath

I suspect the high faucet will cause splashing only because their little hands might be higher than the bowl when they wash. But the faucet wouldn't splash on it's own.

As for the shower bar, depends how much room you have and how you envision everyone using it. If it's centered, possibly all you might need, but you have to consider the height range of the bar and get it just right (max high and low levels). Or you can install a separate head above, install the bar underneath, and have no worries about the height meeting everyone's needs. BTW, if you install a diverter, make sure it is reachable for everyone.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumbing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here