Return to the Plumbing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
why would someone put in such small pressure tank

Posted by jeanwedding (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 27, 12 at 22:01

As per my prev post. we are well newbies
.... about our well.....I mentioned the recovery rate is approx 3 gallon then pump kicks on to recover. The pressure tank is small and has no guage to tell what the wtr pressure is,,,,
The pump is wired presently for 240 volts, wired with number 12 guage wire....
Like mentioned prev owners deceased.....
Our main beef so far, while showering ... ( shower, single handed , bath filler,spout with shower head divertetor faucet was in here in one piece shower unit... and older Moen)trying to rinsed off.waiting for pump to kick on. then quickly rinse off shampoo etc before pressure wanes again....
So far not hooked up washingmch... cause of hard water, smelly water, massive amt.old top loader washing machine uses of water....
I have a small Asko still at former home waiting to bring down
Bought new aluminum anode rod for hot water heater, to reduce odor, not yet installed cause, wanna do whole house filter too....
Please chime and with suggestions... Hubby and I are do -it your selfers.... plenty cabable of doing what need to be done....
OH by the way where is "spell check"... it used to be on GW when I typed in a post?
Thanks
Jean

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: why would someone put in such small pressure tank

GardenWeb has never had an integrated spell-check function. Some web browsers have it in the program. Firefox, for example.

o

The tank itself may not have a gauge, but there might be one at the base of the tank on the house side.

I replaced a tank for a friend. It attached to the base of a rather heavy brass 'T' fitting, 3/4" I think. At the top of the 'T' were connections for the pump relay and a pressure gauge. I think (from memory) there was also a water shutoff and a drain.

o

A new pressure tank may solve more than one problem. The air bladder in the current one may be deteriorated and/or leaking thus causing the odor/taste problem and the short cycle. I would also replace the pressure switch and add a pressure gauge.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumbing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here