Return to the Plumbing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Merry Christmas to me!

Posted by aliceinwonderland_id (My Page) on
Fri, Nov 23, 12 at 17:13

On Black Friday, I purchased a new well pump and plastic line. My 22-year-old pump failed and the 11-year-old metal pipe was pitted badly. The timing of the failure was terrible, the day before Thanksgiving, but we've always believed that any problem that can be solved with money is not a real problem. So, my family gets running water for Christmas and will be thankful for it!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Merry Christmas to me!

Hi Alice,
I am sooo sorry to hear about your well head. I have lived that very same experience with our family property. The well head died & well went dry about 6 months after my Grandfather passed away (4 years ago) in the middle of summer, it was really stressful. The positive for you & your family is the piece of mind moving forward that your well is good to go. The guy that we dealt with (3rd generation family owned well company, since the 1920s) told me that a good quality well head should last 20-30 years with good water conditions/good well configuration. You will sleep good at night not worrying about your well, & you deserve that Big-Time for all that you do on this forum helping people. Keep us posted how the well pump change-out works out. Best of Luck to you.

o

The only thing that could have been worse is if the well had collapsed, but it is in good shape and I now have a great system. I am a little peeved that the folks from whom we purchased the house lied about the age of the well pump (they claimed to have replaced it a year before we bought the house nine years ago) it makes no difference now and they are the ones that have to live with themselves.

Now, to rebuild the, "stupid stuff happens" savings account.

o
Re: Merry Christmas to me!

Wow Alice,
I feel your frustration with the dishonesty. Why is it soo hard for some people to just be honest? Anyway, Glad to hear you have things resolved with your well.

o

Alice,
There could have been a worse case scenario......
Your water softener could have died and you would have to start a new thread for advise on water treatment lol.
God bless and keep the good advise coming to this forum

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumbing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here