Return to the Plumbing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Centerset vs minispread

Posted by loveall8 (My Page) on
Sat, Nov 17, 12 at 16:54

Hi everyone, quick question:

Are centerset and minispread the same? Since they both say they fit 4inches, can I use a minispread faucet for pre drilled holes made for centerset faucets?

Thanks in advanced.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Centerset vs minispread

A 4" centerset faucet is an entire unit. A mini spread is individual components. They will use the same counter drilling pattern. The drawback to minispread is that the holes are so close together that it's difficult to clean in between the components--unlike a widespread which has 8" in between the components.

o
RE: Centerset vs minispread

Thank you hollysprings!

Unfortunately I did not realize that my home builder would be drilling holes for centerset faucets! We were planning to replace the faucets ourselves to save costs afterwards. But now that my countertops are permanently drilled for centerset faucets, I cannot get wide spread faucets :(

Widespread faucets are definitely easier to clean and look much better. So mini spread is the closest I can get to the widespread look.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumbing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here