Return to the Plumbing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Replacing Culligan Super S water conditioner

Posted by janks (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 29, 10 at 15:09

I am replacing my Super S water conditioner after 17 years of service. It has done a very good job of eliminating the sulfur odor in our well water but has seen it's better days! I have been looking at some new treatment options which treat both sulfur odor and Manganese (I get black slimy deposits in the toilet tanks) without the need for periodic clorination and the annoying air compressor which runs every hour. I have been considering a system like the air injection system (no external air compressor required) made by Abundant Flow Water Systems -- AI25. It utilizes a good control head (Fleck 2510 SXT) and a Filox media. My question is, does anyone have any experience with this machine in a sulfur odor application? It sounds like it would be a good performer in my house. Please let me know if you have used this system or a similar Filox media system. Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Replacing Culligan Super S water conditioner

Is the Super S series the one that uses both chlorine and air to treat the sulfur?

What are your sulfur test results?

Any air injection system I have seen or worked with must be sized and set up for water conditions. Injecting air requires time to convert odors to insoluable matter to be filtered. Injecting air into one tank with 24 inches of freeboard (water above the media) to create enough time and volume to do this conversion, seems unlikely for any significant amounts of sulfur or iron removal.

The secret to success of many internet based water treatment systems is attractive testimonials, lofty claims and no real concern to make sure their equipment will do as advertized. Then trying to get service, let alone money back, becomes a long, difficult process.

There are alternative methods to removing sulfur.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumbing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here