Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
leslie2004

spilled flux (?) on basement floor

leslie2004
9 years ago

I had a plumber in yesterday to replace a piece of copper pipe from the gas hot water heater. I noticed after he left a small spill on the floor near the heater -- little silver balls. I'm assuming it's flux but really have no idea.

I've called the company to ask if it's something that I can clean up with a paper towel or if it's something toxic that needs to be handled a different way. Haven't heard back yet.

Does it sound like flux - the balls are different sizes like perfectly round ball bearings a pretty silver color. Maybe 20 or 30 of them? Would the plumber need to clean it up or is it safe for me to wipe it up - and if so will it come up with just a paper towel or ?

Really a bit annoying after paying $298 for a half hour job. Should I request the plumber come back? Hate to be a jerk if it's no big deal but if there's any risk or hassle with getting it up I'll ask them to send him back.

I've tried googling for pix of what flux would look like spilled or what to do to clean it up with no good answers.

Thanks in advance.

Comments (2)