Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
llhartsandcrafts

Need Expert Opinion re Cellular White Pipe!

llhartsandcrafts
10 years ago

I am in the middle of a bathroom remodel. I know nothing! The contractor, who is not a licensed plumber, put in a PVC pipe to attached to the toilet in a new position, about 6 feet away from the original location. He then said the floor has to be raised 3/4 so PVC can have proper pitch. I called in a licensed plumber to look, who works with a different contractor, who said the right way to do it is to lower the PVC pipe below the floor boards, not attach it to the original connection. He also said that the original contractor is using the wrong PVC pipe--it is white pipe that says "Cellular" on it--and he said that is for HVAC not plumbing, and is $5 a piece not $15. So is my original contractor using the wrong pipe to save money and misleading me?? I'm thinking of just moving toilet back to original position and keeping it simple (moving the toilet allows me to put in double sinks and vanity, which also means more plumbing work) but I want to know if I can trust original guy. Thank you!!

Comments (6)