Return to the Plumbing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
water leak coming from the floor of my 1945 home

Posted by southern_texan (My Page) on
Sat, Nov 6, 10 at 12:45

Hello all,
I stumbled into this web site searching for answers on how do go about finding the water leak I have in my dining room floor entry. The dining room is located just off the kitchen. My home was built in 1945 with pier and beam construction. There is a crawl space in the floor in one of my hall closets to have access to the underside of the house, however this space is very small. You would have to crawl on your belly and there are beams everywhere the the house rests on. Will I have to rip up my floor to access the leak? I will admit I don't know much about construction especially in older homes.

I will certainly appreciate any advice that anyone can offer. The leak gets bigger daily, and even though I live in south Texas we still get freezing temps here. We got down to 34 last night and I am concerned about the leak freezing over and causing serious plumbing issues.
Thanks again in advance for any advice !

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: water leak coming from the floor of my 1945 home

Hmmm...Does the leak seem to be coming from the kitchen sink? Does it seem to only get wet when when you run water in the kitchen? Did you look under the sink to see if there is anything leaking under there?--The Captain

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumbing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here