Return to the Plumbing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Toilet Tank Flush Lever - Not Square??

Posted by sem67 (My Page) on
Wed, Nov 10, 10 at 12:16

I do not see a brand anywhere on the toilet. But the hole in the tank where the flush lever passes through is round, not square as commonly found. The hole is round, with two "grooves" that would keep the replacement lever from spinning.

I checked around locally, and also called a larger plumbing supplies company. No one seems to have ever heard of any lever being anything but square where it passes through the tank. For a temporary fix, I've wrapped a new square lever with electrical tape and jammed it through the tank. So far, so good. But it's not right.

Anyone hear of such a lever, and where one could be sourced?

Thanks!

Steve

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Toilet Tank Flush Lever - Not Square??

Hmmm...Can't say I've seen such a thing, and I've seen a lot of toilets in my 25 year plumbing career. Is it a real old toilet? I know there were some odd designs way back when. Try a plumbing supply store or an old hardware store in the old downtown part of the nearest big city where you live. A lot of times they have some oddball stuff there...-TheCaptain

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumbing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here