Return to the Plumbing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Tankless Water Heaters??

Posted by MichelleDT (My Page) on
Sat, Nov 19, 11 at 11:32

We are building a new home and considering a tankless water heater. For those of you that have done this, what brand did u select? Love it or hate it? Pros/cons?

Thanks in advance!

M

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Tankless Water Heaters??

You can SEARCH this forum for TANKLESS and get more info than you will asking the question.

o

Second that search advice. This topic has been discussed MANY times.

o

Summary: It is a very expensive way to heat water.

o

Just did a SEARCH for TANKLESS and it pulled up 22 hits, of which about 2-3 were actually related to tankless water heaters - and those threads were started 4-6 YEARS ago - figured quite a bit has changed since then. Maybe I'm searching wrong, but is there a discussion about modern tankless water heaters already here? TIA.

`S

o

You're probably using the Search at the top instead of the bottom of the page. Read through this and then if you have any questions post back.

Here is a link that might be useful: Tankless 349 Results

o

It remains a very expensive way to heat water. If you have considerations that make a tank less practical and don't mind spending the extra money, go for it.

o

The search function has a tankless job...

o

justalurker -

great line... great humor

o

Looks like my post from March 7 was overlooked. Water Heater Information - Great Website

I believe it will provide you with what you are seeking

o

bpChill,

No need to shill for that web site... it's well known and Googles up nicely.

o

justalurker-

Except in this case :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumbing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here