Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jlahav_gw

Radiator Cover - Creativity needed!!

Jlahav
12 years ago

Hi,

I remodeled my kitchen using a GC, and he failed to see that in the plans the double wall oven was right up against the wall of the radiator (we have steam radiators). The kitchen is now all finished and installed (custom cabinetry, new floors, new appliances), except for this heater. We were able to recess the area (it's an outside wall, and the plumbers pushed back as far as they can go), and fit in a slimline radiator. But now we don't know what to do about a cover.

The GC usually makes solid wood radiator covers, but he said we'd need a 1/2" at least between the fixture and the cover, and the cover needs to be at least 1/4" thick so as to prevent warping with the steam heat. I don't have that kind of clearance for the drawer that sits under the wall oven. I asked if metal would be better, and he said no.

Any ideas? I know nothing at all about plumbing, but when I think of a thin material that's highly heat resistant, I think of silicone. Any thoughts on what I can do (short of shaving the drawer front)?

TIA!!

Jacklyn

Comments (4)