Return to the Plumbing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
If you are asking for assistance . . .

Posted by aliceinwonderland_id (My Page) on
Wed, Nov 28, 12 at 10:36

You will get much more help if you can be clear:

1. Use punctuation so we don't have to guess what you are saying and what you are asking.

2. Keep further discussion about your initial post in the same thread so we don't have to go back and search for the relevant information.

3. If you provide test results, units of measurement are important. For example, 100 gpg (grains per gallon) is vastly different from 100 ppm (parts per million) and will make a HUGE difference.

We are all volunteering our time here and genuinely want to help. We are willing to put time and effort into helping troubleshoot problems and specify solutions. Please do us the courtesy of taking the time and effort to make your questions readable.

Alternately, I could have written:

youll get much more hlp if you can be clear use punctuation so we don have to gess what ur sayin and what ur askin keep further discuss bout ur initial post in same thread so we don have to go back and search for relvant info if you provide test results units are important for example 100 gpg grains per gallon is vastly diff from 100 ppm parts per million and will make a huge diff we are all volunteer our time here and gen want to help we are willing to put time and effort into helping troubleshoot problems and specify solutions please do us the courtesy of taking time and effort to make ur questions readable

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: If you are asking for assistance . . .

Aliceinwonderland,,

I am jsut s dumb plumber,,,so I dint notce the gramatical errors or spel erors in da last part....LOL

But seriously folks, Aliceinwonderland is absolutely correct. We all want to assist you, but we cannot offer much assistance if we cannot understand the problem.

Now that does not mean to say that we expect you to know all the technical names of the equipment, nor do we expect you to understand the parlance of the plumbing trade, but we do need as much pertinent information as you can provide and normally within a couple posting we will get it all sorted out...

And by all means, if you can post photos that makes it much easier.

Every plumber dreads the service call that reads.."The gazinta the goes on the thingamabob is leaking into my doohickey.

o
RE: If you are asking for assistance . . .

bump

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumbing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here