Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ellen1234_gw

Moen faucet - replacing cartridge, will not budge

Ellen1234
9 years ago

Hi,

I have a Moen bathroom faucet and it has a small leak. I am trying to replace the cartridge. The old faucet is from 1998. I'm on well water.

I have tried to replace the cartridge years ago for the same faucet but in a different bathroom years ago and unfortunately ended up replacing the entire faucet (which actually is much nicer looking so not really a bad thing) since we could not get the cartridge out. I think we ended up ruining the faucet.

I have had to replace the cartridge on both showers as well. This was not fun but we eventually were able to do this.

I have a cartridge pulling tool. I've tried white vinegar. The cartridge will not budge, either rotating or in terms of coming out. The faucet is coming loose and pulling away from the counter from all my pulling.

Any other suggestions on what I could try? Even though a new faucet would be nice, there are 2 sinks and I'd have to replace both. And I do plan on remodeling the bathroom in the next 5 years so would really rather just keep the old faucets until then.

Thanks,
Sue

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022