Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
southern_texan

Still need help with a floor leak in 1945 pier and beam home! hel

southern_texan
13 years ago

I have a home built in 1945. I am desperate for help.Just joined this site yesterday. I have a leak in my floor soiling the carpet in my dini8ng room, just at the entrance way from my kitchen. I have pier and beam foundation, yet the crawl space......(that has an entrance from one of my hall closets)is quite small.........You must crawl on your belly under my home and numerous beams block a significant pathway. I have lived here one year. My inspector found nothing wrong with the plumbing. Since buying my home (it sat empty for 4 years.I have had roto rooter out 4 times.....for roots in the underground pipes..ie backed up tubs and sinks) I seem to have that under control. NOW I have a leak of water coming up from the floor in my dining room. There are vents on the lower outside portion of my home I can look into with a flashlight... Crawling on my belly under my home seems almost impossible because the room to crawl is minimal. DO I NEED to rip up my floor to access the leak? We are talking original hardwood here........My hands are tied, Limited income etc. Plus I am a woman... Know nothing about these things. I need good advice.............THANKS in advance!

Comments (3)