Return to the Plumbing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Can it be installed on drop-in type sinks?

Posted by robicho (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 5, 13 at 5:23

Hello,
I'm renovating my kitchen and I don't want the height of the spout too high which is why I love this model: Kohler 10430-CP Forte.

Unfortunately, I've only seen photo's where it is installed in under-mount applications. Can it be installed on 3-hole drop-in type sink as well? (I purchased a one and half stainless steel sink)

Thanks in advance,
robicho

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Can it be installed on drop-in type sinks?

Neither the faucet nor the sink care, only you.

o

"snoonyb" - WTF? ... Seriously Dude?
"robicho" ... I can't imagine snoonyb meant to be insulting and ignorant so let me try to sort out what SHOULD have been typed in his reply ..... if you really love the look, your plumber will find a way to install them for you.

I personally think your choices are great! I have a small galley kitchen and that combo would be fabulous!

o

What he was saying is that it does not matter. I have a similar Price Pfister unit in my 3-hole sink.

o

"weedmeister" Exactly!

Well hello "Eleanor-B-"WTF"(Your Page)

It's not often that a forum editor "elects" to "erroneously"
misinterpret the intent of a contributed comment; "so let me try to sort out what SHOULD have been typed in his reply"

So, in deference to you, I asked the 2 sinks and 5 faucets, that were installed yesterday, the Miele and Bosch DW's and the 2 FP dish dwrs. which were installed today, if they cared.

And too not be accused of exerting any undo influence I hadn't plugged the appliances in, before asking.

It was unanimous,"Neither the faucet nor the sink care, only you."

o

Good grief!... my question was a technical one where I was wondering if certain types of faucets were only for under-mount applications ... I never thought such a simple question was going to bring on such hostility!

I thank you all very much for NOT answering my question .... I will call a plumber.

This post was edited by robicho on Sun, Nov 10, 13 at 6:30

o

Original post: Tue, Nov 5, 13 at 5:23
Perhaps you can, via back-quote, point out the "technical" part of your OP?

Or perhaps this more technical answer for; " Can it be installed on drop-in type sinks?"

Yes.

The point of two of the responses you have already received is, this is a DIY installation, with a pair of pliers, before you set the sink.

And,"Neither the faucet nor the sink care, only you."

o

The ONLY thing I could see that MIGHT make a difference is that faucets will state how much depth they can be installed into, as it the thickness of the sink, counter and cabinet total. That would be something you would look to in the installation instructions.

"I was wondering if certain types of faucets were only for under-mount applications..."

No. Well, some might be longer that others but they're not going to say "for undermount applications only" or somesuch.

o

" weedmeister"

When these "new" solids, composites and under-mount sinks began appearing there were restriction due to the length of the threaded retaining shafts, which was quickly addressed with couplings and extensions, until the mfg. could re-tool their production to the norm you see now.

o

Most manufacturers provide pdf docs on their websites that will give you the measurements, installation info, and use and care instructions. Looks like Kohler does as well:

http://www.us.kohler.com/us/Forte-3-hole-remote-valve-kitchen-sink-faucet-with-9-spout-with-matching-finish-sidespray/productDetail/Kitchen-Sink-Faucets/422279.htm;jsessionid=8657EF9942EAD1A302EDCF4C35048518.kohler-prod2-ecom1

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumbing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here